Thursday, November 30, 2006

St. Andrew's Day.

November 30th is know as St. Andrew's Day in Scotland. While it's not as famous as St. Patrick's Day, it's still a pretty big deal. Even in Japan, I've been getting emails from friends telling me about the ceilidh's, parties, concerts and plays they'll be going to.
What you don't know is that the 30th has many traditions and superstitions attached to it.
For example: if an unmarried woman sleeps naked tonight, she'll see her future husband in her dreams. I'd take that one with a pinch of salt!

St. Andrew also watches over singers, fisherman, fishmongers, spinsters and childless women.
To all the Jocks in Japan and around the world, "Slainte mhor agad!"

2 comments:

karaoke queen said...

Happy holiday! I hope you enjoyed your mash and gravy! I sure did! Mmmmmmmm, gravy.

BrettCute said...

Isn't that gaelic...and thus belonging to my people in Ireland???