Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Halloween - the Japanese version

I love Halloween. Probably more than I should. Its my favourite holiday and you don't even get paid for it. Usually I would start making my costume in July and go all out. Crazy sewing and making of accessories etc. Previous years have included: Lara Croft, the silver outfit from the second movie, Cleopatra (where I made a linen and sparkly silver outfit and a beaded headdress and got braids done), Edea from Final Fantasy 8 - horned helmet, and fan outfit and everything, and Catwoman from Batman returns with the lovely sewed PVC outfit. This year and the year before I had to be a little more AND less creative at the same time. No sewing machine, no craft stuff that I have at home so costume had to be doable with safety pins and dollar store sewing kits. So me and Kirsten went as............

Sexy eskimos. I know its not politically correct. But thats what we were, and hey we're from Canada. We don't know about that stuff anyway :D Our mens were loggers/truck drivers.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Hey Hey!
Nice costumes!
I thought you would go as an Anime character.
Happy Halloween. I have tricks and treats at my blog today!